Avita Community Partners
Behavioral Health Services
129 North Main Street
Cleveland, Georgia 30528
Developmental Disability Services
(678) 513-5799 | (888) 249-8907
We are seeking a Behavioral Health Counselor to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting.
- Counsel and advise individuals or groups with an SMPI diagnosis.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans
- Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients
- Prepare progress reports and letters for relevant parties
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare or counseling professionals
- Previous experience in counseling, social work, or other related fields
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must hold a professional licensure in the state of Georgia as a LPC, LCSW or LMFT OR be licensed eligible at the associate level within six months of hire.
• A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, School Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from a CACREP, CSWE, CCPTP or COAMFTE accredited university AND be license eligible with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists allowing for an associate level license within six months of employment (Required). (Upon receipt of Associate licensure, employee is eligible for a 5% increase in pay)
Associate Licensed ($35,000):
Associate Licensure as an LAPC, LAMFT or LMSW
Full Licensure as LPC, LMFT or LCSW
Salary is dependent on length of licensure (44,500 to 50,000)
Applicants must not have six (6) or more points against their driver’s license or a suspended or revoked driver's license within the last five (5) years.
- Will assist Clinical Director and implement all initiatives as defined by Clinical Director.
- Provides leadership and managerial oversight for a Behavioral Health Team that serves residents of a three-county area.
- Responsible for program development, management, contractual and regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement of service access, efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for community outreach and marketing of services, for developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with funding and referral sources, and other community partners.
- At least three years of Full licensure in the state of Georgia as an LPC, LMFT, or LCSW.
AND Master's Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, Psychology, School Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- At least one year supervisory experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and no driver may have more than two chargeable accidents, moving violations or DUI's in a three year period with the seven year MVR report.
Employees are eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program.
**All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. **
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
The selected candidate will be subject to a FBI Criminal History Record Check. Applicants reserve the right to challenge the contents of a FBI Criminal History Record Check.
This is a full time position and is subject to company benefits.
Position Number 204221