Avita Community Partners
Behavioral Health Services
196 Scoggins Drive
Demorest, GA 30535
Developmental Disability Services
196 Scoggins Drive
Demorest, Georgia 30535
- Provides mental health services to adults, children, and adolescents in an outpatient setting.
- Individual counseling, diagnostic assessments, group therapy, family counseling, and some contact within the community.
- Will work in the community/county in locations such as homes, public schools, and courts.
Minimum Qualifications: Unlicensed ($38,000/yr):
- A Master's Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, School Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy and eligibility to obtain a associate level license within six months of employment (LAPC, LAMFT, LMSW).
- OR Associate Licensed 40,000 - Associate Licensure as an LAPC, LAMFT or LMSW in the State of Georgia
- Full Licensure as an LPC, LMFT, or LCSW in the State of Georgia - 49,000 to 55,000
NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.Applicants must not have six (6) or more points against their driver's license or a suspended or revoked driver's license within the last five (5) years.Employees are eligible to apply for loan repayment assistance through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment program.
Position Reference # 156857
Avita Community Partners is excited to announce a Behavioral Health Counselor opportunity with our school-based program – Apex.
This is a FT, 12-month position.
- Provides mental health services to Child and Adolescents enrolled in Habersham County Schools during the school year. Will perform outpatient services through our Demorest center during school breaks. Includes individual counseling, diagnostic assessments, group therapy, family counseling and Individual counseling.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Community Counseling, School Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from a CACREP, CSWE, CCPTP or COAMFTE accredited university AND be license eligible with the Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists allowing for an associate level license within six months of employment (Required). (Upon receipt of Associate licensure, employee is eligible for a 5% increase in pay)
Associate Licensed ($40,000):
- Associate Licensure as an LAPC, LAMFT or LMSW
Full Licensure as LPC, LMFT or LCSW (49,500 to 55,000)
Salary is dependent on type of licensure and length of licensure
Applicants must not have six (6) or more points against their driver’s license or a suspended or revoked driver's license within the last five (5) years.
**All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview.**
**Positions may be filled before the closing (ending) date if a qualified candidate is selected.**
AVITA Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its service practices or employment practices with regard to race color, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position is full time and is subject to orginazational benefits.
Job Description - (15.00 per hour - Full Time + Benefits)
- Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
- Observes and monitors client's behavior, charts and reports observations and incidents.
- Provides training of basic personal and social skills or work skills to clients in a supported employment environment.
- Will assist with ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Keep accurate documentation of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Will facilitate client community involvement.
- Remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of clients, arranging for needed services to assure appropriate care is obtained. Carry out a person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Must be willing and able to: be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies
- Have dependable transportation use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients work with developmentally disabled clients
- Work alone with a group of ten or more developmentally disabled clients
- Assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom change diapers of child, adolescent, or adult clients assist physically disabled clients in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles
- Assist disabled clients who cannot feed themselves independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player