How can I find and access mental health treatments and services?

Decisions regarding the admission, treatment, and care of people with emotional problems are made at the local and State levels, so the types of available services, and how those services are funded, vary by State. Your State Mental Health Agency will be helpful in telling you what services are available in your State. You may also want to contact local chapters of self-help organizations to learn about other services available in your specific community.

Your doctor or someone at your local mental health center can refer you to a licensed therapist who is registered and affiliated with his/her same professional association.

back to list